How to Place a Hold
3 Ways to Request a Book (place a hold)
- You may place a hold (request that an item is sent to your branch) through the PINES Library Catalog OR...
- Let us browse the Hall County Library collection for you. Fill out the Browse For Me form and let us place your holds. OR...
- Call the Library Helpline Monday and Thursday, 10-8, Tuesday-Wednesday 10-6, or Friday and Saturday 10-5 at 770-532-3311 to speak to a librarian about ordering your reading materials.
Where will it be sent?
Your library account is associated with your home branch. This is where your holds will be sent. You must confirm or change your location preference on your PINES Account. Log in to your account and select the Account Preferences tab. Click here and set your location BEFORE placing holds. Change your pick-up location to Blackshear Place Branch (Oakwood next to Johnson High), Gainesville Library (downtown Gainesville), Murrayville Library (behind Lanier Elementary), or Spout Springs Library (at the entrance of Sterling on the Lake), North Hall Tech Center (located inside the North Hall Community Center).
- You will need a Hall County Library Card that is in good standing to place holds.
- Library staff members will fill your request. We will email, text, or call you when items have arrived. (Staff will use the contact information on file with your PINES Library card account. Please make sure your contact information is up to date; please call us if you need assistance).
- Holds will be held for 7 days.
What items can I put on hold?
- Up to ten items per card, per pick-up appointment.
- Only books, DVDs, audiobooks, and CDs are available for curbside service. Specialty items such as Museum/Zoo/Park passes, newspapers, magazines, STEM Kits, reference materials, etc. are not available for curbside service.
- When you receive a notice that your hold has been fulfilled, make an online appointment to pick it up. Click here to make your appointment or call 770-532-3311, Monday and Thursday,10-8; Tuesday and Wednesday, 10-6, or Friday and Saturday 10-5 at 770-532-3311.
Where will it be sent?Make your appointment at the library branch your materials were sent to as specified in your PINES account preferences (see "Where will it be sent?" above).
- At your appointment date and time, pull into the designated curbside spot.
- Call the number on the sign* and give your name, library card number, and description of your vehicle to the staff member. We will check out your items and package them. We will then open the door and put the package on the table.
- If you do not have a cell phone to call from the parking lot, please call us before you leave for your appointment to let us know your library card and vehicle description.
- WAIT FOR the staff member to give you a thumbs up and return to the building. NOW you may exit your vehicle and collect your bag.
- If you have mobility issues inform us when you arrive and open your trunk. We will place the package in your trunk.
- If it is raining, tables will be moved to inside the library lobby.
- If extreme weather occurs, the library system will suspend curbside service. Staff will call patrons affected to reschedule pick up.
*When you arrive at your branch, call this number:
Gainesville: 770-532-3311 x28721
Spout Springs: 770-532-3311 x28722
Blackshear Place: 770-532-3311 x28723
Murrayville: 770-532-3311 x28724
North Hall: 770-532-3311 x28725
At curbside, staff cannot handle patron account services (ie: fines, expired cards, new cards, etc.).
Please call the library helpline for these services: 770-532-3311 or email email@example.com
Hall County Library System provides curbside printing services.
Printing costs 20 cents per page.
Please email the documents you want to have printed to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your valid Hall County Library Card number. When you receive a notice that your print jobs are ready, follow the instructions for curbside pick-up. Print job pick-up follows the same procedure as for the pick-up of library materials. Staff will place your print jobs on an outside table. Your library card will be charged for your print jobs.