Part-Time (18 hours) Library Clerk
Blackshear Place Library
The Hall County Library System is seeking a part time Library Clerk to work at the Blackshear Place Library. This position serves in several public and technology services work areas of the library based on staffing needs, library activity, and requirements for substitutes to fill positions while other staff members are on leave. This position will receive assignments from the head of the department for which she/he has been assigned. Must be eligible to accept passport applications (see eligibility requirements below).
Duties include performing various circulation activities including checking in/out library materials, shelving, and other duties as assigned. Subject to work evenings and weekends. Written and oral Spanish (bilingual) skills desirable. Preference given to candidates with library experience.
$9.42 an hour. Benefits include optional Flexible Benefits Plan.
Successful applicant must pass a drug test and a criminal background check. The Hall County Library System E-verifies. The Hall County Library System is an EOE and a Drug Free Workplace.
Date Posted: October 19, 2021
Deadline to Apply: Until Filled
Position Available: November 2021
Apply online at https://www.hallcountylibrary.org/jobapp
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of application.
Employees are eligible to accept passport applications if they meet all of the following requirements and complete official training to obtain certification:
- Are at least eighteen years of age
- Are U.S. citizens or U.S. nationals
- Are permanent full-time or part-time employees (not temporary, contractual, ad hoc, or volunteer)
- Are not on parole or probation related to any Federal, State, or local felony or misdemeanor related to breach of trust or moral turpitude (i.e. embezzlement, document fraud, drug offense, or dishonesty carrying out a responsibility involving public trust)
- Are not presently under indictment for any Federal, State, or local felony or misdemeanor related to breach of trust or moral turpitude
- Are free of any Federal, State, or local felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions related to breach of trust or moral turpitude