Contactless Curbside Pick-Up
3 Ways to Request a Book (place a hold)
- You may place a hold (request that an item is sent to your branch) through the PINES Library Catalog OR...
- Let us browse the Hall County Library collection for you. Fill out the Browse For Me form and let us place your holds. OR...
- Call the Library Helpline at 770-532-3311 and speak to a librarian about ordering your reading materials.
Set Your Pick-up Location
Your library account is associated with your home branch. This indicates the pick-up location for your holds. You must confirm or change your location preference here before placing holds. North Hall Tech Center will not be part of this program until June. Change your pick-up location to Blackshear Place Branch (Oakwood next to Johnson High), Gainesville Library (downtown Gainesville), Murrayville Library (behind Lanier Elementary), or Spout Springs Library (at the entrance of Sterling on the Lake).
- You will need a Hall County Library Card that is in good standing to place holds.
- Library staff members will fill your request. We will email, text, or call you when items have arrived. (Staff will use the contact information on file with your PINES Library card account. Please make sure your contact information is up to date; please call us if you need assistance).
- Holds will be held for 14 days.
What items can I put on hold?
- Items must be part of the Hall County Library System Collection. Items will not be transferred from other PINES libraries.
- Up to ten items per card, per pick-up appointment.
- Only books, DVDs, audiobooks, and CDs are available for curbside service. Specialty items such as Museum/Zoo/Park passes, newspapers, magazines, STEM Kits, reference materials, etc. are not available for curbside service.